Export Grid and Terrain

Home Forums Worldographer Export Grid and Terrain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a way to export the grid/terrain from a map for indexing/random table creation?

Joe
    Keymaster

I’m don’t fully understand the question… you can export an image of the entire map using the “export as image” option on the File menu. You can also select an area of the map with the “select” option on the Edit menu, then click and drag to make a selection box on the map, then go to the File menu and select the option to export selected area as an image.

But if you’re asking about some way to create a chart with the terrain types and hex numbers or something…? We don’t have something like that. But again, I’m not sure what you’re asking. Please clarify and I’ll see if there is a way to get close to what you want.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Theoretically, I’m looking to export a CSV of terrain and features. This way I can create random encounter tables, features, etc keyed to locations. I’m working on a hexcrawl, and while the map is good, tying stuff to the location gets easier if I can export the map info into something more spreadsheet/word document friendly.

Joe
    Keymaster

The closest we have to that is if you add notes to the features, you can export the notes using the File menu. But you’d have to click on a feature and choose the “Notes of Selected” button next to the Select Feature button. (When you click on one it will auto-generate some details for some common features (city, fort, castle, etc.) which you can use or delete and add your own.)

The .wxx file is a gzipped txt/xml file so you could get in there to get at the list of features, but you’ll have to wade through all the rest of the data and I’m not sure it will make much sense. 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.