Height and width of map in hexes?

Home Forums Worldographer Height and width of map in hexes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear fellow worldographers,

I was just wondering how I determine the dimension in hexes of the map that I am working on. (How many hexes wide, how many hexes tall.) I am looking to discover this out so that I can determine the scale of my hexes, meaning “1 hex= X miles across”. I am at the “World” level of my map and have the settings for hex width and height set to 56 and 48, respectively. Not sure what bearing the latter has on things, but I wanted to include it here.

Notwithstanding, I am not sure where this setting/value exists within Worldographer and was hoping that you folks can assist me in finding it.

Thanks so much for your help. Take care.

DragonValor

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think you just decide that one hex is 5 km or 500 km or what ever suits you.

Anyway, that is what I do.

Greetings,

Vargr

vlos
    Participant

It would be nice if this showed somewhere? I can’t see to find it and always end up counting.. very painful on large maps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, when I start making a map I just decide what is the appropriate scale (I typically work with either 5 km hexes or 60 km hexes) and then I stick to that.

I then put the scale in the Map Key (so I don’t forget).

I don’t think the program itself has any use for the scale.

But it would be nice to have a rule type of tool with which to make measurements – of course you would need to input the scale somewhere in the program for that to work.

Greetings,

Vargr

Joe
    Keymaster

To see how many rows and columns of hexes you have, you can turn on the numbering of hexes. (Go to the “view options” drawer and check the box “show numbering”. Then scroll to the bottom right corner. By default, the upper left hex is 0,0, so if that bottom hex is 99,49 then you have 100 hexes across and 50 high.

I think that answers the original question. As for scale, Worldographer doesn’t impose a scale… it is whatever you want it to be. If you want to remember it, you could add it to the map key and show the map key or add a simple label.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Posted in

In Archive