Labelling problem

Home Forums Worldographer Labelling problem

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Slarty1080
    Participant

All aspects of custom labels work as expected including size and outline size, but the label styles do not. If I select a specific style such as Geography Major I can rest the font, the font colour, bold, italic and background colour, but I cannot set the size and the outline size also does not appear to work correctly.

Joe
    Keymaster

I’m sorry but I’m a little confused by your phrasing. Do you mean if you change the font color & bold (for example) of a label style any labels on the map in that style aren’t changed?

I do vaguely remember a bug along those lines a couple months back? Are you on version 1.23 or 1.24? If not, please update and try again.

If that isn’t the issue/doesn’t fix it, please try to describe it again on maybe post a screenshot.

Slarty1080
    Participant

If I open the Configure Label Styles screen (via the cog symbol in the labels draw). And change lets say the “Geography Major” label style to size 300 (hex ht%), click apply and I close that screen, I would expect any “Geography Major” label styles that I added would appear 300% of the hex height.

But if I add a new text label of label style “Geography Major” the text of that label appears on screen at roughly 50% of the hex height not 300% of the hex height. Whatever number I add instead of the 300 above has no effect on the size of “Geography Major” labels appearing on screen. This is not just limited to “Geography Major” it happens with any style.

I’m running Worldographer version 1.24 on a windows 10 Dell G7 15 laptop.

Joe
    Keymaster

I was able to see this once, but since then I’ve done it 5 times and can’t see it happen again. Now I’m not sure what I did differently that one time–if maybe I didn’t click apply (and only clicked close) or maybe I put a letter in the number field or something. I’m still trying to figure it out. 🙁

Slarty1080
    Participant

Very strange. I have never been able to get the style size feature to work (although the standard size adjust works just fine). I did try setting all the styles to 300% but to no effect. The default size it uses is also strange. It’s not actually fixed in size at all with relation to the hex size, its almost as if it is just using a screen font which is roughly a size 6 and does not change when I change the hex size!

Hatmaker10
    Participant

Not to just totally necro this post, but I have this same exact problem where the ‘premade’ label styles cant have their size or outline configured. The labels always just stay at a comically small size and it makes it impossible to create lots of labels on a map, and I end up having to use custom labels everytime. This makes changing labels en masse a chore. Is there a fix for this issue?

Joe
    Keymaster

I’m sorry I’m late to reply. I’ve got an idea to help me stay on top of the forum, but anyway…

Which version of the program are you using? We did have a related fix a while back. The version number is in the menu bar. Currently we’re on 1.38. If you’re not up to date, go to the download page on the Worldographer website to get the latest. If you’re older that about 1.25 or even 1.30 you may want to uninstall Worldographer first.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.