Location in Notes

Home Forums Worldographer Location in Notes

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    doulos12
    Participant

My favorite feature of this software, in Cityographer, exporting the notes to HTML includes the location coordinates of a building (AV1 House Fat L Wood). Worldographer lost this feature. When I’m making a city of 7000 residents, it would be helpful to be able to quickly search the document for a particular location.

The most frustrating part of this is that Worldographer has much better customization options so I can add more kinds of businesses & cultures easily, but until the notes export is fixed, it’s pretty useless to me.

Joe
    Keymaster

I believe we have what you’re looking for in Worldographer. At least in version 1.22 (I think it goes back to 1.19 or so–May/June of this year).

So the export to HTML does include a code such as “AV1” (where that is building 1 in the AV section–as if you split the map into 26 columns and 26 rows.

You do need to turn on the “Show Feature Labels” checkbox on the Features drawer to see those letter/number codes next to each building.

And if you click on a building with Add/Edit/View note selected on the View Options drawer, that name/code will also show up.

Let me know if you’re thinking of something different than I described.

doulos12
    Participant

Hey, you’re right — the problem was that I was importing from Cityographer, and those imported city exports aren’t labeled as such. Same way Cityographer imports don’t save the city walls — just the towers & gate houses.

I’ll just have to start fresh with some of my cities and accept others the way they are. But at least there’s a solution. Pretty happy right now. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Posted in

In Archive