Worldographer running slow.

Home Forums Worldographer Worldographer running slow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I recently installed Worldographer and have been attempting to use it, but the problem is it is slow. the city map I’ve been trying to make is 378×378 hexes. Is this too large of a map? (I even re-made the map as a blank map, and it is still slow.)
    I have a decently powerful PC with 16GBs of memory, but it was only using about 1.5GBs of memory. if this is not an issue with map size, how can I allow it to use more memory?

Joe
    Keymaster

Perhaps if you send your map file to support at inkwellideas dot com I can see what is going on. We don’t cap the amount of memory we try to grab so if the machine has the memory, we definitely use it. 378×378 isn’t unusual for what I test with. And the CPU may be impacted by something else the program is trying to do. For example, perhaps it is erroring and a thread is trying to output an error over and over behind the scenes.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Joe.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I had sent the file shortly after you had responded to the post, but I still have yet to get any sort of response. Did I send it to the wrong email?

Joe
    Keymaster

I did reply on Feb 4th… maybe it went to spam for some reason?

In any case, here was my answer:
    I don’t see too much of a performance issue with this map. But you were zoomed way out. It sort of isn’t designed to be zoomed way out while editing and panning. We sort of expect you to zoom in to pixel sizes of 40-100 most often. Zooming way out forces the program to draw 5000 or perhaps 10000 hexes each time you move or change the map. When you zoom back in to a reasonable amount, it doesn’t have to draw the off-screen stuff.

The apocalypse images do work with Worldographer. Do make sure you grab the config file here: http://worldographer.com/instructions/settlements/ and the other instructions linked on that page.

Joe

Anonymous
    Inactive

Question, do I have to buy the settlement licence before I buy the post apocalyptic icon set?

Joe
    Keymaster

Shoot, it seems I’m in catch-up mode on messages. 🙁

If you have any worldographer license, you’re able to import custom images as features, terrain, etc. So that’s fine… but you are limited to a population of 5000 people and a few other settlement related power features are turned off until you get that license.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.