- The Coat of Arms Design Studio is a Java program that runs on most computers. (Windows, Mac OSX, Linux; but not phones/tablets.)
- Has over 200 built-in creature and symbol charges. Examples: Lion Rampant, Cross Flory, Owl, Bear Statant, Fleur-de-lis, Castle.
- Has a vast number of ordinaries–simple designs such as bands across the shield.
- Has many ways to divide the shield. If appropriate to the division, it can contain its own charges, ordinaries, and even child divisions.
There are free and pro versions of the tool. (More details below the step-by-step tutorial graphic.)
The Free Version:
- Runs in your web browser. If you run into problems starting it, you likely need to install or update Java on your computer.
- Has all the features listed above.
- To keep download size small, it gets needed graphics from this website. Therefore, there is a slight delay the first time you use a new creature or symbol.
- Has all the features above, plus:
- You can download and install it on your computer. It doesn’t need to run in the web browser.You can add supporters and mantling. These are creatures, a helm and other decorations beside and above the shield.
- You can use your own PNG and some SVG graphics as charges.
- You can give many ordinaries a number of decorative line styles. For example: Fess nebuly or bend engrailed.
- You can export as a PNG an extremely large version of the design.
- To order see the left sidebar!